Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hope on the Horizon

Yesterday was an incredibly stressful day. My Dodge had been starting sluggishly for about a week, and yesterday morning, she didn't crank at all. Two hundred plus dollars later, I discovered that my front brakes were worn thin. I went over to Just Brakes which cost another obscene amount of cash to repair. I was supremely unhappy with what the repairs cost me, and I did not get their advertised deal. That's the one where they claim that they can fix your brakes for a hundred dollars in most cases. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who didn't get that deal; there were other people there and some of their repair bills were eight hundred dollars and nine hundred dollars.

After that debacle, I arrived home and bought T's ticket. Today I received word that T might actually make it back home for good. After so long, I'm scared to hope...scared to even slightly entertain the possibility that he could be coming back to me. This is the hope I mentioned in the title of this post. This weekend holds alot of promise too. T is coming home on block leave and I am looking forward to family time. This could be the most awesome weekend in a very long time.

At least my car is running again and I have a pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream in my freezer that's just for me. Sometimes the simple things are the best conduits for true happiness...

No comments:

Post a Comment