Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring Cleaning, and the Taxman Cometh...

And so begins one of the most hated times of the year for me; income tax time. Every year I fume and sweat over filing tax returns that terrify me. I have never been the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to math, and tax time seems a special torture reserved for those without a numerically developed brain. Wading through the IRS' website is more confusing than helpful, as it seems that their website was designed by egotistical accountants and mathematicians who have created this opus in order to see how many of us uninitiated will fall into the quagmire of obscure rules and vague regulations.

Spring. The time of year where rebirth becomes a reality, and the time of year where people begin to realize they need to divest themselves of unnecessary baggage, material and otherwise. It is amazing how much stuff people accumulate over the space of one year. My garbage cans have been working overtime as I seek to get rid off clutter and things that simply serve no purpose in my life any more. I have even caught myself throwing out things that I thought originally served a purpose, but never really did.

What is cluttering your life? What do you need to eliminate?

No comments:

Post a Comment