Monday, May 30, 2011

Cajun Cravings!

I am so happy. I discovered my local supermarket carries boudin! it's one of the few things I miss from when we were stationed in Louisiana. That, and the black squirrels. I had never seen a black squirrel before, and the squirrels over there are huge. Some of them look like housecats. I didn't get to take pictures of them, regrettably. So tomorrow, it's probably going to be crawfish etoufee, boudin, and red beans and rice. Wish I could get my hands on Lyndsey Buckingham's "Jambalaya" for some diner music. That version is the one that appears on the Steel Magnolias soundtrack, and I can't seem to find it anywhere else. Add this to the fact that the soundtrack is out of print, and I am completely out of luck.

I wonder if the supermarket has gator. Gator is delicious, and having lived in SoFla, I would rather eat these guys before they eat me!

No comments:

Post a Comment